Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Diets (Good Grief!)

     This fun and funny image from QKR Stampede (Santa in Chimney 16708) shows my #1 problem every holiday season.  Thank goodness I don't have to slide down chimneys on Christmas Eve!  We're starting a brand new "Anything Goes" challenge today and we also have an optional theme of "Santa" if you want to use it.


I based my card on Sketch 124 from Sweet Sketch Weds. 2.
This challenge we get to choose our favorite sketch
of all the ones used in 2017.

   
     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  I cut a burgundy frame for the image with another die from that same set.  Everything went onto a heather gray piece of CS which had been embossed with my "Linen" folder.

     I added only one, small, ribbon bow which had been white but I 'dyed' it with my marker.  The sentiment is mine, based mostly on the expression on Santa's face.  :-D

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Gals Corner
Creative Moments
I {heart} ProMarkers
Mod Squad
Paper Shelter
Scrappy Land
Sisterhood of Crafters
Sugar Pea Designs

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This made me giggle, poor Santa, it is good that he has magic dust to help him get down the chimney's! LOL Merry Christmas my dear friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such fun, I love it and the sentiment.
Have a wonderful Christmas
Faith
x

Darlene said...

OMG what a cute image! Fabulous creation Connie! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Macimbalo said...

Too funny! Yes, I know that feeling - tomorrow! Love your Santa and the whole card just makes me smile! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Lori Kobular said...

Oh no!! Poor Santa has been eating too many cookies!! What a fun Christmas card! I can relate!!

Lori Kobular said...

I can completely relate!! Too many yummy cookies! I feel for poor Santa being stuck in the chimney! Such a fun card!

Diana said...

Hahaha Funny!

Thank you for joining at our challenge at Creative Moments, good luck!
Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

Maybe you want to join our team? Check our Dtcall above on the challenge page!

Merry Christmas!
Diana

DT member at Creative Moments
Diana's Creations

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Love your Santa! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, that Santa is so cute! You made such a fun holiday card. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again next year! Happy Holidays!!

Lea Lawson said...

Isn't that sentiment the truth?! So cute! I'm so happy that you joined in the fun at SugarPea Design's Mix It Up challenge! ♥♥

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at I love Promarkers this time.

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments challenge!
Hope to see you again.

Cards By Leona said...

Lovely card- well done and thanks for joining in on the Creative Moments challenge. Happy New year!