Thursday, September 7, 2017

It's Always About the Chocolate

     Each month I play along in the Progressive Challenge at Gerda Steiner Designs and this cute little mouse is the image for the September challenge.  What better than a chocolatier working away the hours in his kitchen, especially when he's making fancy chocolates just for me?!  I can smell the melting chocolate from here in the craft room!

     This is going to be a birthday card for a friend who thinks that chocolate is the only thing which never disappoints.  :-D

     I colored with my ProMarkers and used a die from Spellbinders to cut the image.  That die happens to cut the image and makes a frame at the same time.  I took the image piece and fussy cut around the top 3/4, basically from the floor upward so that the mouse and his bowl were standing alone, with no white paper aroundthem.

     I cut the striped 'wallpaper' dp with the same die, took the inside part (saving the 'frame' from that cut for another project) and laid the mouse image onto it.  I inlaid the entire image piece into the white frame (from the original image cut.)

     I used deep purple CS for the card front, wrapping it with a piece of satin-border, sheer ribbon.  I added the framed image and the sentiment and called it finished.

    Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Cuttlebug Mania
Digi Choosday
Incy Wincy (inspired by colors)
Passion for ProMarkers
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Adorable card! That die is gorgeous and that mouse is just the cutest!

Sherri Thacker said...

Oh what a cute mouse he is! Love him! Its perfect for our challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks for joining us!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh YES PLEASE!!! Being a hopeless chocolate addict myself, your card speaks to my soul! 😂 Your friend is going to love it! You've created a fantastic little scene - I love your floor and wallpaper! Your little chocolatier is adorable! I need him in my kitchen!!! A beautiful creation, and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Passion for Promarkers this week. I call it Cadbury's!! Linda

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi there! What adorable card. Love the details and cute digi. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown Blog. Happy Crafting!

Annie S. said...

That frame die is gorgeous and heaven knows, I'm all about anything chocolate! Great card! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cards in Envy!

Andrea Beecroft said...

Such a sweet card and a neat image love your cut out frame. A neat project. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea

Sandy Trefger said...

Fun card! And chocolate is always good!! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Julie Reed said...

What a sweet card, thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday this week, Julie DT x

Birdie said...

I love chocolate! Also, love that Spellbinder die.
Such a cute image and great card. Happy you shared on Tuesday Throwdown.

Sarah said...

This is super cute NC! I love that die frame and you were very creative with the "wallpaper"! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!!

Cicci said...

So beutiful creation and wonderfu dies!! Lovley!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit and follow my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Connie. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Fab papers and love the layout. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Deneen said...

How cute is that!?! Love that die too:) Thanks for joining us a Cuttlebug Mania.

wendipooh13 said...

so cute and fun sentiment!!! Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!!

Anjie said...

Great make. Thanks for joining us in our week 36 Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)