Friday, August 4, 2017

Those Were the Days...

     Welcome to a hot August!  I got home from my trip to the beaches of San Diego only to find hot and very humid, weather.  Yuck!!!  Usually we have dry heat which makes it a tiny bit more bearable.

     But muggy heat aside, today starts a new monthly challenge over at Emerald City Crafts where our theme is always "Anything Goes."   I used one of the images from the "Nostalgia" collection and it makes me think of lazy summer days in my childhood (when I just know the weather was always cooler - lol.)  I was a tomboy kind of girl growing up and did everything to compete with my big brother and favorite boy cousin so there was lots of running and jumping and tree climbing and even leap frog games.  :-D


I started with the sketch I found at Stella Says Sketch.


     I debated about coloring this one but, in the end, decided that good, old fashioned, black-and-white with sepia, my favorites for vintage cards, was just perfect.  The papers are from a Recollections stack but I don't remember which one.  I do love the contrast of the circles in the bicycle wheels with all the rectangles and squares of the card design.

     I matted each piece with embossed CS (used my very old and very worn "Linen" folder) and added jute cord for the embellishment.

     Challenges:
Classic DT Open
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Dream Valley
Fussy and Fancy
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Polkadoodles

     I hope you're going to come play with us this month.  Our challenges begin on the 1st Friday of the month, run for 3 weeks then close, and winners are announced on the following month's challenge post.  So this month, you have until August 24 to get your entries in.

     Be sure to stop by again in a few hours when my weekly post for QKR Stampede will be posted.

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous project, love the take on the sketch too.x
[aNNie]

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic vintage papers to go with your sepia toned b&w photo, Connie! Like you, I enjoy tree climbing and lots of sports growing up - the neighborhood was full children to play with, and my favorite tree was right in front of my mom's kitchen window. I always felt hidden in my tree, but I guess it could not have been better suited for mom's watchful eyes. LOL

Your layers are beautiful, and the frame looks just like the old, old photos with the "pinking" cuts like that. GREAT CARD! xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I love this image too! Gorgeous papers which look fabulous with the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol said...

Gorgeous project - love the main image x Have a lovely weekend xx

*Vicki* said...

What a fantastic project here Connia! I love that photo and how it captures the fun youth memories! :) All of your Vintage elements are fabulous with your wavy borders too!! We have actually had a huge break from the heat and it has cooled down to the point we can have the windows open and it's a bit chilly at night! Have a lovely weekend my friend! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! memories, your card invokes so many, a Wonderful card with lots going on.
I too was a tree climbing tom boy, loved playing with my younger brother and his friends, I usually got up higher in the tree than them too LOL.
Faith
x

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is lovely Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Co-Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...