Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sea Dragon

     I love sea dragons - I think they are the most elegant and dramatic of  all the seahorses.  When I spotted this one from AuroraWings, I grabbed it and have used it several times as an iconic image for summer cards.  Nothing could be more indicative of a relaxing summer day than a sea dragon drifting with the waves.


     I'm practicing again with my polychromos pencils, trying for deeper, richer colors.  Once colored, I cut the image (and the green frame) with inside/outside stitched rectangle dies from Die-namics.  The image is inlaid into the frame.

     The dp is from one of my old (very old!) DCWV stacks, so old I can't even tell you the name of it because the cover is missing.  But I love the seaside colors in it - including the sky blues, warm sunshine yellows, and coral pinks.  I layered everything onto a pale green card front and then added the few sequins.  I left it very simple beyond that bit of sequin sparkle because I really wanted to showcase the sea dragon and not the embellishments.  :-D

     Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Cardmakers
Cute Card Thurs.
Digi Choosday
Inspiration Destination
Outlawz Greetings
Simon Says Stamp
Work It Weds.

     I think I'll have two posts again tomorrow; one for sure and maybe two if I get the second card done on time.  I'm not that far away from being gone to the California beaches for a few days and am trying to get everything prepared for my absence, including a few card which need to be posted before the month runs out, hence the double posts on a few days this week.

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Susan Sudbury said...

I love your Sea Dragon!! You've managed to really get the colors so bright and rich, and the layout is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT, and good luck!
Susan DT

Dixie Designs by Gill said...

LOve the colours and the seaside theme makes me think of sunny days xxx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

NanaConnie, I love that you love sea dragons, as this is one of my personal favorite images, too. Your coloring in fresh combo of light green and yellow is vibrant and lush! Your design showcases your lovely coloring beautifully, too. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge. Mitzi xxx

Donna Ellis said...

What a fantastic image! Your colors have brought it to life!

Maikreations said...

This is such a beautiful image, love the colours you have chosen ;o) Thank you for joining our current challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers. Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Love the faux stitching and that lovely image. hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So Lovely and I feel peaceful too. Lovely colours and colouring and design too.
Faith
x

Jane Savage said...

Lovely image and great colours!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful image and it makes a fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Sheryl said...

Beautifully coloured image and great design.
Thanks for sharing at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous sea dragon, Nana Connie! Your coloring looks fabulous and I love the framing and patterned paper you've chosen. Thanks so much for joining our 'Under the Sea' challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

*Vicki* said...

This image is absolutely GORGEOUS Connie!! What a beautiful card and I just love your fabulous coloring on this! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely card for our summer theme. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Josephine said...

Lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty addicts!
Hope to see you again.

hugs , Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼