Monday, June 26, 2017

Rosy Birthday

     Adding to my collection of birthday cards, although this one will be going out fairly soon for a summer birthday.  The image from Lemon Shortbread was so much fun to color and made me think of summer so I used summer-y colors!  One of the 'fun' summer things I get to do is tend my roses, and make lots of rose bouquets for the breakfast bar and dining table.  For me, roses mean summer every bit as much as trip to the seashore.


     I colored with my ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from one of my sets by Spellbinders.  I layered the die cut onto a coral pink card front and added one of my little hand-made bows, dyed with a ProMarker to get the exact color I wanted.

     The die cut was so detailed and feminine that the card really didn't need any other embellishment so I opted for leaving it rather simple.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Creations
Fab'n Funky
Kraftin' Kimmie
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Mod Squad
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Word Art Weds.

     I have another post in a few hours so be sure to stop back and visit again.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Happiness is spending time in the garden surrounded by your friends, the roses! She reminds me of me. I love spending that precious time among my flowers and plants. It's a fantastic birthday card, Connie, and beautifully colored! hugs, de

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very sweet, a beautiful image and love the sentiment.
Faith
x

Alison said...

Such a beautiful card - I love the citrus colours on that adorable image and the die cut sets it off so well. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card very elegant die cut and such a pretty image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Macimbalo said...

This is so pretty and I love all the colors you used! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Unknown said...

A gorgeous summery card, so colourful too

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers 'Here Comes Summer' Challenge

June/DT

Marilyn Webb said...

A beautiful summer birthday card!! Thank you for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Victoria Rowson said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is awesome! I just love the way you've added a shadow! Thank you so much for choosing to share your card with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog! I hope you can join in again soon!

Jo Ann said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining our previous challenge here at WORD ART WEDNESDAY. We hope you will join us again in our current challenge soon. Leaving you with the inspiration found in Philippians 4:13 which says: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *So sorry for late commenting, I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper