Wednesday, June 21, 2017

One Fuzzy, Purple, Monster

     So, I'm playing with this fun image from the Limited Runs Progressive Challenge this month, using my favorite periwinkles and lavenders, when a grandchild looking over my shoulder says, "Why are you coloring ugly monsters? "  I'm wasn't sure that I agreed with that assessment but I did go back and change the sentiment, discarding the one I had originally planned, substituting this one instead.  :-D


     I think he's adorable - and definitely loveable!    I used my ProMarkers to color him and cut him out with a die from Spellbinders.  I inked the outer edges of the die cut to make a "frame" and layered it onto three different papers, all scraps from my basket of leftovers.

     I know the middle strip looks almost black but it's actually deep purple with a slight pattern in it.  Blame the photographer!  The bottom strip is embossed and glittered.  I added the metallic, silver ribbon and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Aloha Friday
Aud Sentiments (top tow)
Brown Sugar
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with an Attitude
Dream Valley
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inky Chicks
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies

     I'm hoping the weather where you are is considerably cooler than what we have out here on the West Coast of the US.  We have an incredible, high-pressure system just plunked down on top of us and we have already broken high heat records two days in a row.  One of those records went back to 1946 and we broke it by 2 degrees.  The weather folks say temps of 107 to 114 are very likely to last another 10 to 12 days.  Can you believe they were looking at the 7 day forecast and said that on Saturday we might get a "cool down" to 101 degrees?  You can imagine what the temperatures are like before Saturday comes around!

     Good excuse to stay inside.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and just love the monster. Here in Florida it is raining very heavily so having a chilled relaxing day, catching up on my commenting, some fabulous creations you have created too. Stay cool my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Michelle N. said...

At least your Monster looks cool! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Firstly, I can feel the heat you have from here in the UK, we are breaking records too, just in 40 years, but nowhere near your temperatures. We had 94f this afternoon with very high humidity, it is going to break in the next day or so here, I hope your temperatures dip too.

Anyhow onto your just Wonderful card. He has the most wonderful smile, who could call this fluffy purple guy a monster? LOL. Love it and the sentiment Connie.
Faith
x

Elaine Stark said...

A great card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Donna Ellis said...

Maybe it's an evolved, purple dust bunny with antennae? lol Whatever, it's adorable and purple is definitely the best color! Very sweet, Connie! xx

Anonymous said...

Cute card... Thank you joining our Anything Goes at Brown Sugar Challenge.
Hope to see you again soon.

Saba DT

Victoria Rowson said...

Wonderful card! Super fun image.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog.

Crafting With Jack said...

We have had temperatures of 82-86 and that was quite warm enough. Today I am back to wearing jeans and a cardigan. Your fuzzy monster reminds me of a toy belonging to my grand daughter, she would love this card x

*Vicki* said...

LOL! This is such a fun card!! Reminds me of the "Purple People Eater"!! Love the matching papers and such a fabulous layout Connie! HUGS

Christi Conley said...

He is SOOOO cute!!! We broke a record here yesterday! Thank goodness for the swamp cooler (I didn't even know what it was when I first moved here - LOL - I just could not wrap my head around something called a swamp cooler!!) Hope you are nice and cool - Christi

Glenda Atkins said...

I love your monster, cute, cute!
hugs
Glenda

Tracie said...

What a cute monster card. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Lovely funny creation!
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Xhallenge.
Ileanaxx

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *So sorry for late commenting, I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper