Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Lemonade Summer

     I have four masculine birthdays in my family that fall in June and July, and another one in August so I'm adding to my supply of birthday cards for guys.  This one, with a Penny Black stamp (it's always a toss up for me whether I love the mice the best or the hedgies!), seemed a natural for a birthday that always rolls around during the hottest weather.


     I used my ProMarkers (and a blender) to color those sweet mice (clearly my favorites this week!), then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  The die is actually one of their lattice frames but I used it to cut the image as the center piece and saved the actual frame for another project.

     I layered the image onto dark blue CS, and put that whole thing onto sky blue CS.  After adding the two scraps of satin ribbon, I put the light blue onto a medium gray CS and that went onto the card front.  Because this is a guy card, the only embellishment I added were the two scraps of baker's twine which I tied into a bow around the two ribbons.  The sentiment was computer printed and matted before adding it to the front.

     The white flower is not part of the card; it's only there for visual dimension in the photo.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Cutie Pie
Dream Valley
Incy Wincy
Mod Squad
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny Black & More
Outlawz Greetings
Stamping Sensations

     Mid-way through the week and no plans for the weekend so that means I can do lots of crafting or absolutely nothing depending on how the mood strikes me.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVIN' these mouses, they really are so "cool", love it.
Faith
x

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool card : ) Love the sweet image. A perfect card for a summer birthday!

brenda said...

A real fun card with the cute PB image and yes, always a toss up between the hedgies and mice, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations July challenges.

B x

Gina said...

Penny Black images are always so beautiful, and your simple colour combi shows it off really well :D Thank you for joining n at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

Barbara said...

These sweet and so cute mice are my favorite too. Love the design and your square card. Thanks for joking us at the Modsquad this week. Hope to see you again.
Barbara, Challenge host

Barbara said...

Sorry in meant joining us! Lol

Lin said...

Love your adorable image. Those mice are just too cute, and beautifully coloured.

Thanks for sharing in our square cards challenge.

Lin
Dream Valley

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation using your favourite stamps of the moment! So sweet! thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Crafting With Jack said...

love Penny Black! Cute card xx

Viv said...

How cute are these mice! Adorable card and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

MagsB said...

So cute! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley, and I apologise that my comment is late.

love Mags B x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, adorable image.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, super cute!... Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge:)
Wendy xx