Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hyacinth Sprite

     I absolutely adore all the little flower sprites at AuroraWings and I bought a few more a couple of weeks ago, this being one of them.  Isn't she sweet?


     More coloring with my polychromos pencils and I do believe I'm getting the hang of it.  I find myself more and more satisfied with the end results.  The colors get richer, the shading gets more accurate, and I'm liking the results almost as much as my coloring with ProMarkers.  :-D

    The image was cut with another of my Unbranded die frames and I layered it onto paper from the Linen Closet stack by DCWV.  I'm on a crusade to use only things from my stash (especially papers and CS) until I have used a significant portion of the huge mountains I piled up over the last couple of years.  I'm digging out things I had forgotten and falling in love with them all over again.  It's kind of fun to find something and remember why I bought it in the first place.  :-D

     I hand tied the bow, then printed the sentiment, matted it, and added it on top of all the layers.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Colour Crazy
Creative Fingers
Di's Digi Designs
Fussy and Fancy
Jo's Scrap Shack
Morgan's ArtWorld
Ribbon Girl
Tuesday Throwdown

      That's it for today.  We're half-way to the weekend and then 4th of July is shortly upon those of us in the US.  Some of you will have both Monday and Tuesday off, giving you a very long weekend.  Whether you have a long weekend or just the day of the 4th, be safe and sane with fireworks and driving.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, love the design and fab image.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, this is gorgeous, I love these sprites and you have coloured this cutie beautifully. Home safe and sound and had a wonderful time.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bernardine Cuttino said...


Wow, first things first. Fabulous and fun blog header with the feline. Cute and fun image with beautiuful composition. This is so gorgeous
Hush
Berni

Terri Winske said...

Oh, I so love, love, love looking at your cards and posts! This is a beautifully colored image (I think you definitely have the hang of your new coloring medium!!) and I love this border die cut! I, too, have a huge stash that I'm always searching through - and finding treasure upon treasure!! Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges!

Norma said...

Gorgeous card, Connie. I love Aurora Wings sprites...I haven't seen this one! Beautifully coloured. Love the diecut frame.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a sweet image. You colored it beautifully. hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I went crazy with the sale too, this is so VERY beautiful, gorgeous colouring Connie, love the die too.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Your card is so pretty Connie! I love the coloring on your image and what a beautiful frame you've used around her too! HUGS :)

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

scraphappyAnnie said...

Such a precious card. love the coloring. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack Funday-Friday Challenge.

Annie - DT Member - Jo's Scrap Shack
Littlewingscreates.blogspot.com

Mervi said...

Sweet image and beautiful colouring. Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

GalFridayStamping said...

Beautiful! Love the image......beautifully colored. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge blog. Good luck!

Jane DT for  https://colour Crazy Challenge.blogspot.de