Friday, June 30, 2017

Christmas in July (Almost)

     We start our new challenge at QKR Stampede with our usual "Anything Goes" theme but this week we've added a fun optional theme of "Christmas in July." Yes, we know today is still June 30 but many of you will be seeing this post or the one on the QKR challenge blog on the weekend or even as late as the July 4th holiday, so it'll be Christmas in July by the time you make your card and post it.  :-D

     For mine, I used "Decorations" as my image and "Happy Holly Days" for my sentiment.


     I colored with my ProMarkers and a red Copic marker for his hat and the berries.  I also added tiny dots of glitter to the berries in the sentiment, though it's nearly impossible to see in the photo.  I applied Wink of Stella to the white reflection spots on the Christmas decoration.  I love the traditional red and green for Christmas but must admit that green is my more favored of those colors.

     I die cut the image (Gina Marie) and also die cut a circle (QuicKutz) which I dry embossed with my "Linen" folder.  I cut the sentiment and its mat with other QuicKutz dies from the same set.

     The plaid ribbon was 'rescued' from one of last year's packages (waste not, want not) and I still have a strip of it long enough to make another bow for later this year.  I find that I usually wrap my ribbon around the card front so that the cards look 'gift wrapped' with the ribbon saying "I'm finished!"   I also love how ribbon lets me tie in colors I've used in the image or papers.  Sometimes I take plain white ribbon and 'dye' it with markers to get the exact shade I want.

     Other than that ribbon and bow, I left this card pretty CAS because I'm sure it'll get sent to one of the many guys in my family.  They outnumber the gals almost 2:1.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Sentiments
Cute Card Thurs.
Digi Choosday
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Festive Fridays
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Scrapy Land
Through the Craft Room Door
Time Out

     Get on your Christmas cheer and come play with us this week.  You can use any image by any company to enter the challenge but if you have one by QKR and you use it, your entry will go into a separate draw just for QKR users, and that increases your chances of winning by a huge margin!  See you at the challenge.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, this is fabulous, I love the image and layout. We have a new addition to the family too a little tabby called Georgie, he is very shy and timid but adorable. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What can I say? It's just Wonderful, great colouring and so fun too.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Really fun imagee and I just love kyour fabulous coloring too! Fab layout and gorgeous festive ribbon to tie it all together!! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

*Vicki* said...

P.S. I have to come back with my DT hat and say thank you for sharing your creation with us over at CCT my friend!! :)

Elaine Stark said...

Well done in getting ahead with your Christmas cards. A lovely card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Furrbster said...

This is great fun!!

Thanks for sharing it over at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The image is too cute!! I love how you colored it!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Great fun card that image is so much fun!
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Carole Pollard said...

Great fun card I love the colour and image Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs love and hugs Carole x Design Team

Julie Reed said...

Fab, Fun card, thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday this week, Julie DT x

Joyce said...

This is a really fun card. And, wow, I didn't even think of how we are already on the downward slope towards Christmas. You are so smart to be prepared. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Gerrina said...

A fun card and so useble for someone living "down under" where it is warm with christmas... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Helen said...

Great card - love the layout you've used.

Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

Helen x

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely project thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT this week and good luck in the draw.

Katarina said...

What a fun card. I also have been making Christmas cards. Isn't it crazy really when we finally get some warmth we think about Christmas? lol. Thanks for joining the Ilovepromarkers challenge this time and I hope to see you around soon.
/Katarina (DT)

Sandy said...

A fun card, great image! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy