Saturday, June 17, 2017

Cats in the Bath

     Have you ever glanced at an image and just had to giggle out loud?  That's how this one from Create with TLC struck me and I had to use it right away.


     I printed the image twice, colored both of them with my ProMarkers, and glued one of them to two layers of white CS.  Then I fussy cut the cats from the one with three layers and glued the cats onto the first image.  This gave some great texture without the kind of open dimension I would have gotten using pop dots or foam tape.  The white border I left around the cats when cutting makes them pop off the background.

     I used a punch (Fiskars) on the corners of the image, then matted it with a die cut, rounded rectangle (Spellbinders), and a second, larger frame cut out of dp with the next larger size of die.  Those were mounted onto a second dp with a scrap of text dp added to one side.  I finished it with metallic twine and the sentiment, which was also corner punched.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Aud Sentiments (Top L to Bottom R)
Crafting from the Heart
Cutie Pie
Fussy and Fancy Fridays
Incy Wincy
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Ribbon Girl
SUYP - Cat's Only

     The weekend stretches before us and beckons us to be creative and happy.  So, I wish you - Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

The kitties are really having a fun time. Love your card and the ribbon on the side brings it together nicely.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna Ellis said...

Your kitties are SO CUTE, Connie! My cat would not stand to have a bath LOL - but they keep themselves pretty clean all by themselves, don't they? Your image is darling, and I love that you printed it twice, and used bright, happy, sunshiny colors with it!
hugs,
de

kReN said...

NC, love that new banner. Realy makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenges this week. I love your project! kReN@afourthlife

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the cute kitties and they made me smile too! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Angie's Digi, good luck!!! Amy DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Absolutely adorable!! So happy you shared it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

ike said...

Oh, isn't that fantastic !! I love the little kitties having a bath. :-) Fabulous colouring and a super design. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Darlene said...

OMG! This is just TOO CUTE Connie! Thanks so much for playing in our Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Please come back again soon!

Darlene
Fussy and Fancy Girl
FUSSY AND FANCY
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful image isn't it? Love what you have done with it. Great layering.
Faith
x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Desire Fourie said...

Nana Connie this is beautifully designed and perfect for our 11th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS: Loving the cats and autumn colours

Sarah said...

Awww these are really sweet!! Thank you for joining in at the cutie pie challenge. Sarah DT