Sunday, June 4, 2017

Birthday Birds

     I've done a birthday card for my son who has a June birthday just a week or so after Father's Day.  I try to do separate cards for him each year so that the two celebrations don't just get rolled into each other.

     This image has been colored and in my stash for a while and I can't remember who made it so if you know the artist, please let me know and I'll happily edit this post and give credit.


     I know it was colored with ProMarkers and I used a Lawn Fawn stitched die to cut it.  I cut another stitched piece to make the frame and layered it on top of the image.  Both of those went onto a card front which had blue CS and a polka dot piece of dp underneath the image.  That paper is digital and it was a left over scrap.  I added one of my small, hand-sewn bows and three tiny pearl brads.

      I printed the sentiment and cut it with one of the smaller Lawn Fawn dies, adjusting it and making two cuts so that what was a square die cut a rectangle for the sentiment.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Crafty Calendar
Creative Moments
Di's Digi Designs
DL.ART
Jo's Scrap Shack
Paper Shelter
Pattie's Creations
Scrapy Land
Tuesday Throwdown

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Dixie Designs by Gill said...

gorgeous I love the colours xxx

Anonymous said...

This is a great CAS card! Love your monochromatic color scheme and cute image!
Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar challenges and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the colors and the birds!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Heather said...

This is adorable! I love those sweet little birdies, and that sentiment, paired with them, is just too fun!! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Unknown said...

Cute image, love the colours you chose to colour it. Fabulous card! x

DIANA L. said...

I love your bird card. Wonderful sentiment. Thank you for joining the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE boys and or men. Have a blessed day DIANA L.

Cards By MI said...

Lovely looking card. Love the cas image and the great card design. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Diana said...

Stunning!!! I love the simplicity of it. And the clean card. The birds are so cute and love the text!

Thank you for sharing your creative talent at the Challenge at Creative Moments, good luck!
Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

X
Diana
DT member at Creative Moments
Diana's Creations

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can always guarantee a chuckle with a visit here Connie and this does just that, I Love it.
Faith
x

Lynda said...

So cute, love the sentiment. Thankyou for joining us over at Di's Digi's for our Birthday themed challenge. Hope you join us next time Lynda DT xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Fabulous card, I love the birds and your shading is brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Hey NanaConnie! Long time no 'see'. I'm hope you are doing well and that your health is good.

I'm sure your son will love this cute card. Love that sweet and simple image. I also really like the blues you've stuck with throughout.

Thanks so much for entering your project into our latest challenge over at Pattie's Creations. Good luck in the draw.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!