Friday, June 16, 2017

All Tucked in for the Night

     It's Friday again and we have a new, weekly, challenge starting at QKR Stampede.  As usual, we have our "Anything Goes" theme but we also have our optional twist - the theme of "Quilting or Stitching."  I did my best to accomplish both on this one card.  I used the QKR image "All Tucked In" and I think it's totally adorable!


     I colored the image with my ProMarkers, then cut it with a die from an unbranded die maker.  The polka dot frame for the image is also cut with another die from that same set.  I cut the denim and yellow papers for background "quilt" with a chain stitched die from Gina Marie Dies.  The sentiment is printed and matted with blue and yellow layers.

     I decided not to add any embellishments because I wanted the quilt background to showcase the image.  I felt that anything added on top of it would take away from that effect.

     Challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft
Classic DT Open
Colour Crazy
Crafty Awesomeness
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Creative Ladybirds
Polkadoodles
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Take it, Make It
Time Out

     I hope we're going to see you playing in our challenge this week.  Remember, while we'd love to see you using a QKR Stampede image (and you'll be in a separate draw just for QKR users), you can use any image from any company to enter our challenge.  See you over there.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fabulous image and design.xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

How Cute! Only on a card and no little mice in the house. Great coloring and design.

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGoodness, this is so precious. It reminds me of Topo Gigo on the Ed Sullivan show. I loved that little mouse. He wasn't on every week. I know, because I cried whenever it got to the end of the show and he didn't show up.

hugs,
Teresa

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Love this how cute is that image Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Co-Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Jacki Daniels said...

Great make thanks for playing alone with us at Colour Crazy this time hope to see you again soon
Jacki (CCCC DT) ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! Love him all tucked up, great image and colouring.
Faith
x

Shona Chambers said...

This is such a cute image and he looks so comfy in his little matchbox bed. You really brought him to life with your colouring too. Fabulous sentiment too, reminds me that I should be heading to bed myself soon. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Bev said...

such a cute image & card. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles

Shylaashree said...


Beautiful tiled background and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
Adhiraacreations

Nonni said...

What a cute image and I love the quilted background! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing with us A Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper!
Hugs, Iwona