Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Selfies

     I've never taken a selfie in my life and have no idea how to use the camera function "thingy" on my smart phone.  My phone is used as a PHONE, nothing else!  Yeah, call me old fashioned but it's annoying to have to carry around a cell phone and have everyone in my family, near and far, expect me to answer instantly.  Can you believe they actually get panicky if they call and I don't answer?   What ever happened to good old "I'm-away-from-home, call-back-later." ???

     However, since all my grandkids are really into smart phones and all the apps they have, I decided this would be a perfect card to remind a couple of grandsons that updated photos would be greatly appreciated.  I think the last ones I had from them are at least 10 years old so I'm even willing to settle for a couple of selfies.  :-D


     I colored this Fabrika Fantasy image with my favorite ProMarkers and then cut the image with a plain, square die from Spellbinders.  I distressed the edges with one blade of my scissors, then added the sentiment and tied it with navy blue twine.

     I cut periwinkle CS, also distressed on the edges, and then added everything to the card base.  I needed it very CAS since this masculine card is being mailed.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
CCC Digi
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Addicts
Creative Fingers
Scrapy Land
Stempelsonnen
World Wide Open DT

     That's all for today.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie   

9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Connie, this is fabulous, love this image and beautifully coloured too. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ike said...

LoL - I know exactly what you mean about the phones. Bring back the old days when they couldn't find/bother us when we were out !!!! I was always safe... they just had to wait for me to come home :-D
Never taken a 'selfie' either although my Daughter gave me one of those new- fangled Fones for my 60th birthday hahahaha :-)

Fabulous card xxxxxxxxxxx

Dreja said...

Wow! Was für ein cooles Motiv und so schön coloriert.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
LG Dreja

Teresa Arsenault said...

Haha! This is adorable.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow, this looks fabulous. I love that image and coloured so nicely too. Great job here. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, Great iamges and the idea of reminding them for new photos is wonderful LOL.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Hee hee so cute love the sentiment to. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous colouring on these fascinating creatures (?). Aaah selfies. Took one once and scared my self, who was that creature I was looking at. Great for those under 40 I guess haha.
hugs
Glenda

BożenA said...

But a funny card! I love the colors of this card.
Thank you for joining in with Crafting With An Attitude.
Regards,
BożenA DT CWAA