Monday, April 10, 2017

Re-decorating - Slow as a Turtle

     A friend is in the process of re-vamping and re-decorating her craft room so that she'll have more room and better storage options but she's been at it for more than 3 weeks now and feels like it will take forever before it's finished.  I understand since 3 weeks without being able to do any kind of creative crafting would drive me crazy, to say nothing of not knowing when it will be done!  I mean, it's not like spring cleaning which is normally done in less than a week.

     I won my choice of an image at Sasayaki Glitter last week and this one just jumped out at me.  I thought it would make a perfect encouragement card for her.  :-D


     Since I have to mail this to her, I thought something CAS (translate "flat") would be the best idea.   But I did do several layers.  I dug out my ProMarkers to color the image, using lots of yellows because she loves yellow.  I cut the image with a die from Gina Marie, then inked the edges.

     I used two other dies from that same set to cut the stacked rectangles I put in the corners before adding the image.  I dug through my stash of little, hand-sewn, bows until I found the one I had already dyed yellow with a marker.  I knew I had one and it was pretty easy to find in the middle of all the white bows.

     Ages ago, I quit making those bows out of various colored ribbons and decided to make them all from white satin ribbon, then dye them whatever color I need.   I purchase the same white ribbon every time in batches of 10 yards.  It takes a smidge over 4 inches to sew the little bows, and I have to trim off about half an inch total from the tails.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Aussie Digital Artists
Brown Sugar
Crafting by Designs
Creates and Makes
DL.ART
Dream Valley
Scrapy Land

     Happy Monday and Happy Stamping!  NanaConnie

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and love the sweet image. I hope your friend gets her craft room sorted real soon.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS ... I LOVE THIS IMAGE and I love your layering! Nice Job !!! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your redecorating card is so cute just love your coloring also .
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #201- “Bunnies and/or Ducks” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious is this, what a fab image and great colouring. Yes we do all need encouragement from time to time. Your card is a great way to give it.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable image and your sentiment is perfect for it and for the occasion. I started setting up my new office/craft/art space a few months ago and, while it is quite functional, it is not completely organized yet. Then there is the getting used to where everything is all over again. I feel for your friend. It was quite a while before I could do any kind of crafting and it was driving me a bit crazy.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute Card. I love this little turtle.
    Thanks for joining us at SasayakiGlitter Challenge.
    Tina - DT
    http://sasayakiglitter.blogspot.de/2017/04/sasayaki-glitter-april-challenge-colour.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "Aussie Digital Artists Challenge" and best of luck with your entry.
    Bye,
    Ine DT for: https://aussiedigitalartistschallengeblog.blogspot.nl/
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweet turtle out of his shell! Perfect card for someone who is caught remodeling! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "Aussie Digital Artists Challenge" and best of luck with your entry.

    Kristyn DT Admin/Owner of  https://aussiedigitalartistschallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.