Friday, March 3, 2017

The Courage of a Lion

     Friday has rolled around again and that means another challenge is starting at QKR Stampede.  Remember that our challenges are now "Anything Goes" with an optional theme if you want to use it.  This week, even our optional theme is "Anything Goes" so how can you lose?

     You're not required to use an image from QKR but if you do, then your card is entered into a separate draw just for QKR images and your chances of winning are significantly increased!   You could also use an image from our sister company, Eureka Stamps, and that would also be placed into the separate draw.

     I decided it was a perfect week to make an encouragement card for a young man I know.  Since he loves Wizard of Oz, this "Lion" image seemed perfect.  In the actual image, there's a heart around his neck but I covered that with the "Courage" badge.


     I colored him with my ProMarkers, then die cut both the image and the background CS (both were scraps rescued from the toss-out pile) with stitched dies from Die-namics.  I adhered all three pieces to the card front, inlaying the lion image into the background.

     I found a scrap of the stitched ribbon in my stash and then added one of my wrapped-burlap bows.  I thought that made a perfect masculine card for a 10 year old.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Crafty Sentiments
Creative Moments
Cuttlebug Mania
Die Cuttin' Divas
Digi Choosday
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Through the Craft Room Door

     I hope you'll come and join us this week.  We'd love to see your creations.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card I love the lion. Take care. Hugs Jackie

jimlynn said...

Perfect card for a 10 year old. Such a cute, cute lion and he's colored so pretty. Love the ribbon at the bottom too!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

This lion is just adorable and beautifully colored Connie! I love your sentiment and your color choices for your layout here! Have yourself a lovely weekend my friend! HUGS :)

CA Scrapper said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Connie, love this lion and great sentiment too. Thank you so much for your comment about my digi papers and I hope you enjoy them when you get some. I look forward to seeing what you create.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cicci said...

So wonderful creation with this cute lion!! Love the colours you have on this!! Its Perfect!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so sweet and there is one of your adorable twine bows again. Love it. hugs, Teresa

Vickie Y said...

What a sweet image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenges.

Anna said...

This is so sweet. . . I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
Anna

Terri Winske said...

This is the perfect lion....and I bet he will very inspiring for your young man! Love the layout with the stitching, and perfect colors for a masculine card! So happy you shared this card with us at PIP Challenges!

Creative world said...

Super adorable image and fantastic color combo...thank you for jojning us at Aud Sentiments challenge
Zeljka DT xx

Creative world said...

And I forgot...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY challenge,hope to see you again
Željka DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER Lion, he is fluffy and your colouring shows him as such, a fabby card.
Faith
x

Glenda Atkins said...

Love that bow and the adorable lion!
hugs
Glenda

Sarah Bell said...

Back again, love this card as well!, following your lovely blog! – thanks for joining in with the Lemon Shortbread Challenge – Sarah DT – if you would like to follow me here's mine :) http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges.-Monica.-DT