Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Birthday Goddess at ArtbyMiRan

     I finally got my card done for the September Progressive Challenge at ArtbyMiRan.  I had lots of fun coloring this one and it didn't take me long to settle on my favorite color combo, lavender and aqua.


     I colored with my ProMarkers, die cut with a set from QuicKutz, and began thinking of design ideas for the card.  I was digging through the boxes of ribbon and lace when I discovered that I still have about 18 inches of that particular lace.  I thought I had used it all but there it was, a perfect complement for that image!

     I knew the lace wasn't going to look as dramatic if I laid it across a white card front, so then I went digging for exactly the right shade of lavender CS.  Once that was found and adhered, the lace went on, then the sentiment and image.  I debated between flowers or bows but decided the bows worked best, one in pale lavender, the other in rich purple.

     Challenges:
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafty Gals Corner
Digi Choosday
House that Stamps Built
Passion for ProMarkers
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Unicorn
Word Art Weds.

     I hope your weekend is going well and that you're rested enough to face Monday which is clearly on it's way, right around the corner.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" BOX BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

She is so pretty, Connie! I love the magical feel of her ribbons and hair! And those lavender eyes! Wow! Beautiful card - it must have been very difficult working with a color you don't particularly care for (giggle). NOT! Very pretty, my friend! xo

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

She's beautiful! Well, the card is too! Haha. I love the aqua and lavender. If I tried to do that, it would be a total mess so big kudos to you...I LOVE. It.,

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card, love how you have coloured the image and you are right the lace is perfect, as are the bows in different colours.
Faith.
x

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely gorgeous my friend!! I love the purple color and strip of lace along your design here! HUGS :)

Barbara Bruder said...

Connie, What a pretty card and love the color combo you used. Great coloring job.Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!!
LOVE the image and colour combo, your lace and doilies combine for a great design!!!
THANK YOU for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

Michelle said...

What a pretty card! Gorgeous colors :)

Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Hope to see you back again soon :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Spectacular coloring and design. I love that lace.

I want you to be one of the first to know that I will be sharing one of my stories with my followers soon. Watch for the announcement post on my blog.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and the lace is stunning, as well as the coloring on the focal image. Thanks for joining us at The House that Cards Built this week. Shirley H.

Heather said...

This is so gorgeous!! I do love that color combo and the lace is a fabulous addition. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Gorgeous hair! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Donna said...

Stunning card with such pretty detail, your colouring is perfect! Thanks for joining in with us at Passion for Promarkers last week :) Donna ♥ x

Glenda Atkins said...

I am really getting to like the Artbymiran images and this card is a good example why. Wonderful design, colouring and loving the 'purple' background.
hugs
Glenda

Lori Turner said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Digi Choosday! xoxoxo

Lori, DT