Monday, December 14, 2015

We, Three Kings

     I think this is the last of the Christmas images which I had colored way-back-who-knows-when and put into my stash of images waiting to be used.  Unfortunately, I also don't know who made the image so I can't give proper credit.  I've searched through the files where I keep some of my favorite digi companies but as the amount of time I was spending on the search grew to more than three hours, I gave up and decided I'd post the card and hope one of you might know.


     I'm fairly certain I used ProMarkers to color it but it could have been Copics or Spectrum Noir or even a combination of all three.  The crowns are colored with metallics and the jewels in their crowns are done with glitter.  The star is done in silver metallics.  The patterned dp is embossed metallic and the white is confetti CS.  Everything is mounted onto a colored card blank.

     I used one of my plain, square die sets (Spellbinders) to cut the image and the mats.  I added the bow, using ribbon with a sparkly metallic edge, and that seemed to call for a soft ribbon rose to offset it.  The leaves are punched.

     Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks
ArtbyMiran
Cardz 4 Galz
C.R.A.F.T.
Craft for the Craic
Crafty Catz
Crafty Gals Corner
Dragonfly Journeys
Eureka Stamps
Fairy Tale
Graph'It
Hannah & Friend
Inspiration Destination
Mod Squad
Moving Along with the Times
Not Just Cards
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Star Stampz

     I've now completed all the commissioned cards which were ordered, have sold about a dozen others, and today I am taking all the remaining extras over to the Senior Center.  I have a couple more I need to get finished for the family and a few more gift tags to complete, and then I'm pretty much done with holiday projects.  I still have lots of packages to wrap but I do still have time for that.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

28 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Connie, starting to make next year's Christmas cards as have been so busy this year that ran out of time and had to buy some the first time in 17 years. Next year going to be a lot more organised. A beautiful card and love the image, sorry I don't know who's image this is either.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row for Christmas now Connie! Isn't it nice to be ahead of the game and all that's left are the presents.
I don't recognize the image but it's beautiful and so is your wonderful card. Just so very pretty.
Lynn

Babs said...

Beautiful stamp and I just love your card..thank you for sharing this with us this time hope to see next time ..
Hugs Babs DT Sparkles Christmas x

Wendy L said...

Looks good whatever you coloured it with, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great card! I love the simple lines and clean design! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Merry Christmas!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! beautiful card and love the sentiment. Great mix of paper and stamp, they go so well together.

I have lots still to do, cards were posted Dec 3rd, but presents are so not coming together.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful, and cheery card. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Dawn said...

Sweet & simple little image!
Great card! One day we'll learn to write on the back of these little babes, what we used to colour & where they are from! lol!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks for sharing your card with us in our Sparkle & Shimmer Challenge, Connie. I hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful.

Cynthia said...

This is very sweet, Connie. Thanks so much for sharing with Eureka Stamps this week.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Janette said...

Lovely card and the image is so sweet...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card! I love this image and the colors are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very pretty and elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week. Good luck!!! Patricia.

*Vicki* said...

So glad that you are getting everything done for Christmas time! Wish I could be the same way! :) I don't know that image, but I think your design and colors look amazing!! HUGS

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful card, great design. Thanks so much for joining us over at Star Stampz Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Star Stampz Challenge Blog
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Brenda said...

I'm not familiar with this image, but it is wonderful! Great design! Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Challenge this week! Brenda

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful and sweet card Connie!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

Helen x

Janice said...

A lovely image and a super card, sorry I can't help with who the image is made by, not seen it before but it is a lovely one, that I do know. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT, Jx

Bianca said...

What a lovely creation and wonderfull idea! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Bianca XX

Naomi Johnson said...

Lovely card and great sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Jeannie said...

Hi Connie! What a beautiful card and wonderful Holiday Hues! I too have digitals that I didn't originally rename to include the artist that made them, and struggle to remember where I found them. I sure try to remember to do that now. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Cindy said...

Great Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...


What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

** Line** said...

It´s a great image! Thanks for joining us at Hanna& Friends.
We wish you merry x-mas
hugs Line

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the three kings, it truly represents Christmas for me! Thank you for joining us for Decembers challenge over at Craft for the Craic. Best wishes for the new year!