Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Lassy

     When I first saw this image (ArtbyMiran), it made me think of an Irish lassy, all bundled up against the cold winter air of an Emerald Isle Christmas.  I wanted to use her on a very traditional Christmas card.  While it's fun to try other colors for Christmas, I freely admit that I am moved by the traditional red and green -- so many happy childhood memories are tied to Christmases with those colors.


     I colored her with ProMarkers and used a border die from Spellbinders to cut the piece.  I love the odd shape and unusual corners that resulted.  I'm going to have to try this kind of cutting in the future with some of my other border dies.  The sentiment was cut with an Elizabeth Craft Designs die.  The sparkly ribbon was in my stash and I had completely forgotten about it so you know it needed to be used.  :-D

     Challenges:
ArtbyMiran
A Snowflakes Promise
As You Like It
Cardz for Galz
Coloring in Scrapland
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Gals Corner
Di's Digi Designs
DL.ART 
Inspiration Destination
Not Just Cards
Outlawz PAM
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Paper Shelter
Passion for ProMarkers
Scrapy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Sweet Stampin'
Unicorn
WordArt Wednesday

     Christmas is only days away and I'm happy to report that I'll be spending it with family.  Nothing like being surrounded by family and friends on such a blessed holiday, even if travel in bad weather is required.  I know a good many of you have been enjoying warmer than usual weather and very little or no snow at all so travel shouldn't be a problem for those east of the Mississippi.  I'm hoping that means you'll also be surrounded by family.  Merry Christmas.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie     

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This Christmas card is really interesting. I love that beautiful deep green color that you ave used! Awesome idea. My writer at http://pinkelstar.com/ would also like it!

Lisa J said...

This is a great card. Lovely Colouring. Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and love the beautiful image and sparkle ribbon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great card. I love the shape where the image is colored. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia.

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! Such a cute cute CUTE image and beautiful coloring and design my friend!! I love it! :) HUGS

Lin said...

She's a doll, for sure - makes a sweet Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Davi said...

As much as I like lots of the new color combos for Christmas I also love the traditional red & green! She is a real cutie and I really like the shape you created with the border die!! Very pretty card. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy you time with family NC:)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Just darling and I love the traditional Christmas colours. I never tire of red, green and white, especially at this time of year.
hugs,
Teresa
(4 more sleeps!)

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful image and card- thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am Irish and love your description of this Irish looking image. Love your beautiful coloring and love the shimmering green ribbon you used.

katieo said...

Beautiful card. I love the way you colored the image. Thank You for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge. Katie-DTMember

Ginny Maxam said...

Sweet Christmas card! Your coloring is beautiful!! Makes me think of a Lassie too!Merry Christmas and thank you for joining in our 214/215th Challenge at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny , DT WAW

Lisa said...

This is so gorgoeus!! I love the image!! You colored her beautifully!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land and DL.ART!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...


What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Warm holiday wishes!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Julie said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in our Mega Challenge at A Passion For Promarkers, good luck! Juliexx

Annette said...

A lovely image and your traditional greens are lovely for her. Love her dress.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
In The Pink Challenge
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
As You Like It Challenge.

Donna Maligno said...

She is a sweet Christmas Lassy at that! Great coloring. Thanks for joining us on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

Donna said...

Another adorable Christmas card Connie! Thanks for joining in with a 2nd entry for our Mega Challenge at Passion For Promarkers and good luck for when the prizes are drawn! Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year! Donna ♥ x

The Crafty Den said...

Another beautiful card Connie. I love the image and your rich green background looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Don't forget to come back on 5th Jan 2016 for our new challenge and to find out if you are one of our lucky winners. Hugs, Denise x

Lori Kobular said...

I agree that the adorable image looks like an Irish Lassy!! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!