Friday, June 5, 2015

Golf is Hard Work!

     For those of you who don't play golf, I want you to know that it is hard work and takes a great deal of concentration.  I don't play either, but I've been told by experts and I believe them.  I do, I really do!  :-D  For a quick primer on all the things a good golfer must do, see the sentiments listed on my QKR Stampede DT card below.

     Our latest weekly challenge starts today and our new theme is "Golfing."  I used Digi 15309, "Golfing Bear."



     The image is hand-colored using ProMarkers, and then cut with a die from Spellbinders.  I chalked the edges before I removed it from the die.  The sentiments are all printed using a computer font, then hand cut and added to the card front.  I added some doodling around the sentiments to make them stand out a little bit from the background.  The square metallic brads are the only embellishments because I really wanted that image to be the primary focus.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Artistic Inspirations
Card Mania
Chalk n Stock
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Colour Your World
Corrosive Challenge
Crafting from the Heart
Fussy & Fancy
Glitter n Sparkle
Love to Scrap
Mema's Crafts
Outlawz CAS Sunday
Outlawz Greetings
Paper Girls
Scrapy Land
Through the Craft Room Door
Whoopsi Daisy

     Have a great Friday, a wonderful weekend, and, oh, yes -- Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

JJ said...

Brilliant card, such a fun take on a er difficult game lol!

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Adorable and fun and so true. I bought golf clubs and got pregnant at 42. I put those gold clubs away...haha. It is hard and something I just couldn't enjoy but my husband loves it.

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable and I love how you've colored him.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is such a cute image Connie!! Fabulous coloring and a wonderful CAS style design!! ;) Happy weekend!

Lori Kobular said...

Such a fun card for a golfer! My husband is an avid golfer and would love this card! The image is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19!

Lori
Lori's Kreations

Beth Brovold said...

OOHHH...my husband would love this!! Beautifully coloured...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy! Good luck!
Take care,
Beth

jimlynn said...

LOL! Another cute, cute card Connie! Great sentiment - and SOOOOO TRUE! One of these days I'll have to tell you about Jim trying to teach me how to play golf!
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hahaha! That was hilarious.
Fabulous card too.

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card, so funny, thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

Lozzy said...

What a fab card and do love the sentiments.. Thank you for joining us at Lacy Sunshine's Colour Your World Challenge!. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Jane said...

Such a great fun image and my husband tells me golf is very tricky much to his annoyance! Thanks for playing again at AAA Cards.

Justine Hovey said...

Just love the card! My dad would love it! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards :)

Unknown said...

What a fun and well coloured card! Thank you for participating in TTCRD challenge this week!
Kamila DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

This card made me smile! Thanks for joining in at AAA

Dawn said...

Great card NanaC! I love the cute image & your fun sentiment!
I've played golf a few times & it ain't easy!
Hugs
Dawn xx

anncreatief said...


What a beautiful creation.
Thanks for participating in our challenge. Good luck and i hope to see you next time again.
Love DT Anneke

Sassy Raggedy said...

heeheehee....how adorable...Hugs, joann

Joyce Ann said...

Very nice card! Thank you for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck in the challenge.

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a fun and beautifully colored card!
Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Such a bright card! Thanks for playing along with us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The image is so fun!! Love the coloring!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

chanya13 said...

Beautiful colours, image and layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.
Agnieszka DT

Ausinusa Designs said...

Such a cute image! Great card and layout!
Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine's Colour your World Challenge!
Hugs
Sandra (DT)

Marjeta said...

Beautiful fun imag, perfect for golfer. Love it.

Marjeta

kenli said...

Super design, great colours and a fab details!
Thanks for joining in with this months challenge at Card Mania, hope you’ll come and join us next time too, good luck!