Friday, June 19, 2015

Cow Country

     I don't think I've ever had more fun coloring an image!  We have a new challenge at QKR Stampede starting today and our theme is "Cows."  Yes, I said "Cows."   I hope you'll check out all the different cows used by the gals on the DT.  We all giggled over our images and cards this week.

     Both my sentiment (Digi 11207 - Cow Country) and my image (Digi 1004 - Long Horn) came from QKR Stampede.

     I'm happily dedicating this card to my friend and blogging buddy, Lynn (Creative Crafts by Lynn,) who lives in Cow Country somewhere out there in the middle of Texas.  Some time back, she made a card and discovered that her hubby was very confused about the difference between a pig and a cow, which is a bit embarrassing for a Texas cowboy!  She had me laughing for a week with her story about that one.

     So, Lynn, I personally challenge you to do something with a cow this week and enter it into the QKR challenge.  And, yes, I know you have some kind of a cowboy charm to add to it!  :-D



     I colored this image with ProMarkers then cut it out and punched the corners.  I used dark brown CS to mat the image and punched those corners, too.  I printed the sentiment, rounded the corners, matted it and rounded those corners.  Everything was adhered to a square, white card base.

     I added the twine, used a bit more of it to make the lariat, and finally added the cowboy hat charm.  There you go, another CAS, masculine card filled with fun and who knows what else.  After all, as the sentiment says, "You're in cow country..."

     Challenges:
Card Mania
Come and Get It
Crafting for all Seasons
Creative Moments
Deep Ocean
DL.ART
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Get Creative
Loves Rubber Stamps
Not Just Cards
One Stitch at a Time
Paper Minutes
Petal Lu
SLS Lines
Sunday Stamps

     I really hope you'll come and play with us this week.  While it isn't necessary to use a QKR image to enter or to win, there are some awfully cute cow images in the shop.  Plus, you'll be entered into a separate drawing just for entries which use QKR Stampede images and that increases your chances of winning dramatically!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

27 comments:

Peanut said...

Really? Do cows get any cuter than this beauty! Udderly awesome card, NC! (It was begging to be said! LOL). Have a super weekend, my friend!
hugs, Asha

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! The cow is posing here!! Such a fun design with the hat charm and lasso!! Yes, what Asha said..."Udderly" awesome! ;)

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

What a super card!
Hugs Donna xx

Bunny said...

Your coloring is amazing.The hide on the cow is great. I love the sentiment, lariat and the charm. Really cute card.

jimlynn said...

Well, cowabunga!!!!!!!! CUTE!!! Love that image and of course everything else about your card!
I'm thinking we need to dedicate this card to Jim and not me!!! Now, this IS a cow - and she's in all her glory! LOL! Surely Jim would know that this is one for sure - longhorns and all. I'm thinking maybe I need to take him out in the back pasture and start explaining how a cow and pig differ - or maybe just refer him to your blog! Oh, and by the way....the sentiment is so true! Many a time have I stepped in the cow patties - just the squish between your toes is enough to make you watch where you step(and give a little gag too!) LOL!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Connie, this sure made me chuckle, poor Lynn. I am sure she will step up to the challenge! As for me well I love this card and the sentiment is brilliant.
Enjoy your weekend my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ps thanks for your comment on my blog. Waiting for 2 more boxes to arrive from USA and will take photographs of goodies. :)

Camille Short said...

Love this image - and great card!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ah yes.....you nailed it...how awesome!

stampwithamyk said...

Ha! That's awesome!! I grew up in the midwest so I'm all too familiar with "cow country". ;) Love your card!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Teresa Arsenault said...

LOL! I had to laugh at that sentiment. The image is marvelous and so is your coloring. I love the hat and rope charm you added. How perfect is that!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Teresa

Denice said...

LOL, such a cute sentiment! Love the image, which you colored beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, hope you'll join us again for more of our weekly challenges.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card brilliant image beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments and good luck.
Rose DT x

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 90 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Monika Reeck said...

Really coooool Cow and lovely coloring
love your charm and tha lasso too
great card
thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps challenge this time
hugs, Monika DT

Angel Johns said...

Such a cute image and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Nikki Byrne said...

OMG! I LOVE that image !!!! So cute :) Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. NIKKI DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

How funny challenging Lynn...Can't wait to see what she comes up with. I love your card...Your coloring is awesome. Hugs, joann

Shelly Schmidt said...

This card is hysterical! Love the sentiment- and I will look forward to seeing if/what Lynn posts on her blog : )

Dawn said...

Lol! She is just adorable! I love how you've coloured her & I love the little lariat *& hat too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kati said...

Jiii - haaaa - thanks for showing your funny cow for paperminutes - great card.
hugs mampia.

Blankina said...

Ohh what a fun and pretty male card, perfect for our masculine challenge at Loves Rubberstamps, thanks for joing in!
Good luck and hugs,
Blankina

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Haha, this is so fun. I love the charm and the "rope" you added, great touch. Thanks for sharing it with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope to see you again soon!
Jennifer, DT

Debi said...

This one is utterly fabulous!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful funny creation! I love this image and embellishment!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

scrapfantazje said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges and good luck !
Marzena DT

lulucker said...

Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at Petal Lu.
Lu x

Sharon said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us at SLS Lines!