Sunday, May 11, 2014

"Beary" Godmother

    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in Canada and the US!

      I have to admit that my favorite silly bears are the ones from QKR Stampede.  They're just so quirky and full of attitude.  :-D  Today I combined the "Baking" bear with one of the QKR sentiments about a "Beary Godmother" and I think this is such a fun and funny card!  Here's the card front.


and the inside...


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and die cut it with one of my Spellbinders dies, then distressed it with one of the Ranger inks.  The inside sentiment is cut with a die from QuicKutz.  The A2 card base is made from colored CS.  I used two pieces of scrap brown CS for neutral colored layers (wanting a monochromatic feel to the card), tearing each of them and embossing one.  The blue gems are on ribbon and I wrapped them around the card front.  The bow is one of the ones I make and stash away until they're needed.

     Challenges:
Artbymiran -- A/G
As You Like It -- Favorite fur or feathers & why
Crafting at the Weekend -- A/G
Crafting for all Seasons -- Lots of layers
Digi Chooseday -- Make it for the kids
Di's Digi Designs -- Use markers
Hiding in My Craft Room -- Scraps (all the CS)
Pile It On -- Fuzzy
QKR Stampede -- A/G with twist of gems/rhinestones
Quick Quotes -- Tear it up
Savvy Handmade Cards -- Zoo animals
Sister Act -- A/G
Through the Craft Room Door -- A/G
We Do Doobadoo -- Layers

     How's your weekend going?  I'm having a fantastic time with lots of playing and lots of family.  If you seem to be seeing less of me over the summer months it's because I'm taking a leave of absence from one of my DT positions; 2 of my DT terms are ending, and I'm working ahead as best I can on another team.  I'll be doing my best to make cards and schedule posts when I'm home and can craft but I may be a bit hit or miss between now and mid-September.  Hope you'll continue to visit when you can.  In the meantime, Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

Jo said...

That bear sure has some attitude.....would love to know who she's brandishing that rolling pin at lol! Hope your well NanaConnie!
hugs Jo x

kReN said...

Love your card, NC! Love QKR images.

Benzi said...

So cute, Connie. But, all the good wishes are not to be, huh? LOL
Fun card.

Happy Mother's Day.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely image and details.xxx

jimlynn said...

LOL! Inside and out - outstanding!! SO very cute and love that wonderful sentiment.
Hope you're having an awesome Mother's Day!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Happy Mother's day my dear friend! A fabulous image and love the sentiment it sure made me chuckle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie fantastic fun card love the bear looks like me when Alan has been for a night out with his mates lol Love Alison xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful and funny card NanaConnie!! Love the sentiment :D
The gems on the ribbon are gorgeous and the bow is outstanding!! I have a bowmaker, watched several video's but I've never been able to make such a pretty bow!
Thanks for joining theTTCRD challenges again!
Hugs,Sandra

Sherri said...

This is such a cute, cute card! And I love the way you pulled the sentiment into the silly side! I loved your sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Totally adorable...I love the inside and outside. Hugs, joann

deesdesigns said...

I'm just cracking up laughing - LOVE the sentiment. Not your traditional Mother's Day card but I love it. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us for our "use your markers" challenge at Di's Digi Designs!

Glenda Atkins said...

This is a delight, I can't quit smiling! The bear image is so cute and funny and the sentiment is a hoot. Terrific card!
Hugs Glenda


simply monica said...

Love this image omg how cute!!Thanks so much for joining us at Art by Miran Challenge blog be sure to join our next challenge!!

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, I love it and the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Anything Goes/twist of Gems or Rhinestones." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

Mi Ran Jung said...

Love this!!! So fun and great design especially love the inside!! Thanks for joining us at artbymiran challenge. Hope see you again. Hugs, Mi Ran
artbymiran Challenge
artbymiran Store

Maureen R said...

So darn cute! Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good luck.
Maureen DT

Maureen R said...

So darn cute! Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good luck.
Maureen DT

Anjie said...

Lovely fun card. Thanks for joining us in our "for the kids" challenge at http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/
Anjie (DT)

Samantha A. said...

This is so cute! I love the sentiment inside. Great job!

Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!
Samantha – HIMCR DT
Designs by Sammy

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great card, Fun image and a great way to use some scraps!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab, and perfect for our 'All about kids' theme at Digi Choosday challenge. Thanks for joining us. Take care Zo xx (DT)

Anonymous said...

Oh thats a fun Image! Bet she uses a lot of Honey in her recipes, thanks for playing along with us at As You Like It Challenge this time on our Fur or Feathers challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Oh this is so cute! Made me smile all over my face! Love the texture you added with the torn pieces. Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at Quick Quotes!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute card! I love the torn edges! Thanks for joining the Quick Quotes challenge! :)

Craftdee said...

Love it! That sentiment is just perfect :-)) Thanks for sharing your fab card with us in the "Use Those Markers" challenge at Di's Digi Designs
Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥

Scrapcat 1 said...

What a fab project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting At The Weekend for our first challenge we hope you will join us again soon. Tracy DT