Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Blackberries, Yummmmm

     Doodle Pantry has a secondary release this month of some older sets, now available in a colorized version, and a set of fabulous digital papers, called Country Flavors!  Oh, I'm in love with nearly every one of the papers, and since blackberries are probably my favorite summer fruit, I had to do a card using blackberries for my image and two of the new papers.   This just brings back great memories of heading out into the wild with buckets in hand and then picking wild blackberries until we had pounds and pounds of them for eating, freezing, baking pies, and finally making jams and preserves.  Mmmmm, definitely the best of summer!

     Here's my card using the "Blackberries" set.  That set has its own papers, but I chose to use papers from the new Country Flavors set.


I chose my sketch from Sketch Saturday, turned sideways,
and my colors from the challenge at Inkspirational.

  

     The image is printed twice in different sizes, then fussy cut and layered together.  The same thing could be done merging .png images together but I'm still working on how to do merging so fussy cutting is my best option at this point.  The images are layered onto a die cut which is mounted onto another larger die cut, made with one of the Country Flavors digi dp.  That one is backed with white paper.

     I used a second County Flavors dp for the vertical strip and added sheer purple ribbon with a great sparkle in it, then tied a bow.  The sentiment is also from the Blackberries set and it's just printed and cut free hand, with scissors.  It may be hard to see but I hand embossed two lines down the left side of the card, and then used the "Lattice" embossing folder on the right side of the card front.  Obviously, those embossings were done before I started layering everything onto the card.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge -- Lots of layers
Allsorts -- Favourite things (blackberries)
4 Crafty Chicks -- Dry emboss
Clearly I Stamp -- Summertime
Jellypark Friends -- Celebrate summer
One Stop Craft -- Anything goes
Rhedd & Rosie's -- Here comes summer
Scrapper's Delights -- Die cuts  
   
     Check below for a photo of the new Blackberries colorized set, and be sure to check out the Doodle Pantry store to see all of the new releases.  Don't forget our challenge.  If you enter by July 24 (must use a DP image), you'll get a free set and you can get another free set with any purchase made by July 24.  There's also a new freebie set called "Viola Ants" on the Freebies page at the store.  How can you lose?

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Blackberries Color plus

34 comments:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

So yummy, beautifully colored and love the design.
Hugs

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful take on the colour inspiration. So love the colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

*Vicki* said...

Yum is right here girl!! I just love the berries with your colors!! Really gorgeous take on the sketch too!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow... so many details in this card! I like all of your layering and your use of the colors is great. I also like the almost hidden ribbon/bow detail. I am so glad you joined us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Tracey said...

Gorgeous, yummy card :)
Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Benzi said...

Beautiful image of blackberries and you've showcased it beautifully. Hmmmmm....blackberry cobbler wants to be made. LOL

sandie said...

Great fussy cutting and love how you have layered these, gives a lovely dimension to your card. And for our challenge at Inkspirational it is really refreshing for your main colour to be green with all the purples in the combo, great to see something more unique! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Marina said...

I love blackberries too - actually, I enjoy the process of gathering them from the hedgerows, taking them home and cooking them in a crumble. Your lovely card reminds me of all this and is perfect for our colour challenge.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

Wendy said...

A 'berry' nice card!! Thanks for entering Rhedd and Rosies challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT) xx

Linda Simpson said...

ooooooooh yummy Connie, I love blackberries and these look good enough to pick of your card and eat. Another gorgeous card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Zoe said...

Lovely card Connie, thanks for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I too love these papers! They will be super for when I need that special color. Your card and paper choices are perfect. Now I want some blackberry cobbler.

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooo! love these blackberries! I still do not know how to accent with that white highlighting - your berries look so real! Very pretty card, with the ornate punch on your layers I especially like all the white on your card which pops out your amazing shading and green panels! hugs, de

Mynn xx said...

This looks good enough to eat! ;) The image is beautifully colored and I LOVE the purple shimmery bow! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Glittered Paws said...

Fun fun card and love the blackberries paired with the new papers. Great job. I love blackberries too.

Kathy D. said...

I like the design you cut your mats into. reminds of a basket that strawberries/blackberries would come in.

Thanks for playing in Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge - Summer Time. Hope you will check out the calendar challenge I also have going on at the blog
http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/2013/07/gift-idea-tuesday-plus-challenge.html

Hope to see you back for CiSC #3 which will be posted on July 19th.

Kathy D.
Clearly Digi Stamps DT/Clearly iStamp Challenge Coordinator

Debra Miller said...

Love the blackberries and your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

Ruth M said...

Perfect summery card Connie and a great job with our colours and fab texture! Yum, I'm wanting to eat blackberry and apple crumble with vanilla ice cream now!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational, please come back soon! Ruth x

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous, those papers are awesome with the blackberries! Fabulous card!

Dawn said...

A wonderful creation as always NanaC!
I love the image & the colours are fantastic!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tina said...

Fab card! love the layering, the colours and especially love blackberries ! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd and Rosies. Hugs Tina (DT)xx
now following x

Unknown said...

Aren't the new papers just fabulous! I know I will be using them a lot! Your blackberries look good enough to eat! Hmmmm cobbler? Thanks for joking us at Inkspirational!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful card Connie...I love it. Hugz, joann

Unknown said...

Love this card, it really says Summer's here! We have blackberries growing our backyard but with so much rain they just won't ripen!

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week for our "dry embossing" challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks!

paper fun said...

Beautiful Connie. Great image and that bow is just as yummy as the berries.

Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

Mari

Tamie said...

Love the textured folder you used! It just adds a pop to your creation! Fabulous inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh what a yummy card! I really love the great die cuts you have used.

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Lovely card :) thanks for joining A Gem Of A Challenge this week :) hugs Ria

Dawn Frost said...

Oooh NanaConnie I love the deep rich colours, my favourite kind! Beautiful card.

Katy said...

This is such a pretty card! Great colors and those blackberries really do look good enough to eat! Thank you so much for joining us at Clearly iStamp! Hugs, Katy-DT :)

Unknown said...

Mmmm yummy card Connie! :)
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and good luck!
Lizy xx

CanadianScraps43 said...

Your creation is so beautiful with it's yummy reminders of summer and the rewards that good berry picking will bring. It reminds me of the days when I would berry pick with my Dad, and would pop some of those juicy morsels in my mouth instead of in the bucket. Lol. Thanks for the memory. Thanks for playing along with us at Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge.

Unknown said...

NanaConnie, you did an awesome job on this card. I love the double image. This card reminds me of when I was a little girl and I used to hang over the fence and eat the blackberries off my neighbor's bush...ahhh, what memories!