Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Naughty List

     This is the next in the daily cards I'm making for the Catch the Bug Christmas-in-July challenges going on through Friday.  Today's theme is "Make us Laugh" and I hope this one does it for you.  :-D


Sketch is from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.


     This Bugaboo image is called "Christmas Cheer" and I'd say she's had a bit more than necessary.  I colored her with a combination of Copics, Promarkers and glitter gel ink.  The die cut is done with a Cheery Lynn frame/border die.  The die cut itself was so fancy that I left the card without any additional embellishments.  I figured the sparkle and fancy borders were enough.

     Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Dies -- Beautiful borders
Delightful Challenges -- Glitter, bling and sparkle
Eureka Stamps -- Christmas in July
Graph'It Colour -- Candy colors (peppermint and wintergreen)
Loves Rubber Stamps -- Christmas in July
My Craft Spot -- Christmas in July
Oozak -- Texture
Outlawz GCC -- Christmas in July
Stamp and Create -- Christmas in July

     I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday and remember, that means we're half-way to the weekend.  Not that I like wishing my life away but I do love the free time I get on the weekends for fun and play.  However, most of it will be spent indoors this weekend if what the weatherman is predicting comes true -- high temps in the 100s once again.  Oh, yuck!  I so do NOT like hot weather, at least, not that hot.  Enjoy the rest of your week and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

29 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Love the decorative edging and the humour in this one.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Benzi said...

Great framing for this 'naughty' girl.
Oh, that heat would send you indoors. Our summer hasn't been too bad this year. We haven't even reached 100 degrees yet.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fabulous design.xxx

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Yep...this is so adorable and fun!! Your coloring and glitter really makes the image stand out nicely!! Well done my dear!! HUGS :)

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Ooh, I love a peppermint and your card made me smile. Thanks for playing at the Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! Love it! She's framed out just beautiful with that die too. Adorable and colored so pretty!
Lynn

Kelly D said...

LOL love this card the image is fab and the saying you have put with it, made me have a little giggle to myself.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Kelly
xxx

Rene said...

Lol! Awesome!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp and Create's Christmas in July Challenge!
Good luck!
Rene :D

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, this is just fantastic. That image is me (need to loose a few pounds ;) but goodness this is fabulous Christmas card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Naughty or nice in this beautiful frame. So fun for a holiday card. Great take on the sketch.
Hugs

Jackie Scott said...

Super the way you have used the bright colors and sparkles with the dark frame!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Hehehehe LOVE!!! Awesome card- love the sketch too!

Dawn said...

Lol! Love it NanaC!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Jennifer said...

I just love this card Connie, it is so naughty but nice. lol The colouring is great. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes

Joann said...

I love how you let the die speak for itself without any extra embellishments and that image …… Got to get me one. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Unknown said...

How adorable!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Connie, that frame die cut is wonderful. Great job on the coloring....Hugz, joann

Min said...

Happy Merry Christmas in July!! We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Christmas in July" BINGO Challenge and Celebration with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us for our Saturday BINGO Challenge Today!!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Lori said...

What a funny card. Thank you for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn's Challenge and best of luck.

Olivia said...

Such a great card. Great job and thanks for joining us at LRS

Unknown said...

What a fun card. Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Glenda Atkins said...

Too fun love it! Fabulous framing of the image(which I adore) and wonderful colouring!
hugs
glenda

Sarah said...

Such a fun Christmas card. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Pajalu said...

What a fun & wonderful card. I really love Bugaboo stamps & this one is just fantastic! I love your take on the sketch as well. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Crafting Vicky said...

This is a totally stunning creation! Love the great sentiment with that image!!! Awesome die cut.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Lydia said...

hehehe - great card xx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xx

GiGi said...

LOL! What a fun card! The image is too funny and the sentiment is even funnier! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I used this fun imge on several occasions, but never with that sentiment...I'm going to be a casing...haha

Samantha Casey said...

Super cute card! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha