Saturday, September 22, 2012

Boot Scootin' with Doodle Pantry

     Today's card uses another of the newly released images from Doodle Pantry.  I always knew I could easily get addicted to Doodle Pantry digis and now that I'm on the DT -- Oh, My!!  I have to discipline myself or I'd be doing nothing but coloring up Doodle Pantry images all day long, whether I had a specific purpose for them or not.  :-D


     I love these boots from the "Cowboy Gear" set and actually thought about my daughter when I saw them.  While she rarely wears boots, she's really into line dancing and West Coast Swing, so the sentiment, "Time to Boot Scoot" (also from the set), really reminded me of her.  I've done this one as a masculine card with lots of layers, pieces that are die cut and punched, and dp suitable for a guy, but is still a CAS design.  Why does everyone say masculine cards are hard to do?  They are easy in design planning, and usually quick to make.

     I colored the digi with Promarkers this time, then die cut a piece of CS and used the negative piece as the frame for the boots.  That's matted with black CS.  The background dp was in my stash of "autumn" papers and I have no idea who made it.  Too bad, because this is almost the last of it and I'd love to get some more.  The sentiment is corner punched, then matted twice and both mat pieces are corner punched also.   The double twine bow is the only embellishment, in keeping with the CAS idea.

     Challenges:
Bearly Mine -- Fall colors
Divas by Design -- Lovely layers
Lady Anne's Technique Wednesdays -- Anything goes
Papalitos Stamps -- Anything goes
Papertake Weekly -- Autumn colors
Passion for Promarkers -- CAS cards
Stamp n Doodle -- Anything goes
Stamptacular Sunday -- Less is more
Sweet Stamps -- Shades of autumn
The Crafty Pad -- Autumn colors

     Well, it's now the weekend and work chores are behind us (except for the household drudgery we all face!)  It's time to relax, have fun, and be creative.  Our weather has cooled considerably this past week (must be all that wishing and hoping I was doing) and I'm just soooo happy about that.  I shall not mourn the end of the hot summer weather and am delighted with the onset of fall.  Thanks for visiting, and please feel free to browse around while you're here.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

That's a fab cie to be a DT for! I just loooooove their fabulous digis. Those boots are wonderful. So well colored!

coops said...

stunning male card.i love your colours and the image and design are fab.
thanks so much for joining in my CAS theme this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

jimlynn said...

Love it! Talk about some Boot Scootin' Boogie! Very cute and great western type card! Jim's sister is also into line dancing out your way (LA area) and loves it!
Lyn

Unknown said...

Fabulous card and you have coloured the image beautifully. I love your cards, they always look fabulous. Thank you for joining in with us at Lady Anne's and good luck...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

debbi taylor said...

lovely card

thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week
hugs
Debbi x

Benzi said...

Couldn't be a better male card, Connie. I love the sentiment and for the reason you used it.

I'm off to a football game so Fall really is here. If you know me, though, you know I don't want summer to go. :-)

StephG said...

This is a wonderful masculine card...love the colors. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

Dawn said...

Those boots are are made for walking NanaConnie! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Autumn Colours Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Linda Simpson said...

Oh I love these boots Connie, your colouring is fabulous and loving the design of your card too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully Colored! The composition of this project is fabulous! Very Clean. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp-N-Doodle!

Hugz,
Chana

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful design and gorgeous coloring, NanaConnie.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Glenda Atkins said...

I just love those boots,awed by your fabulous colouring Connie!Great masculine card. I have already started another card using them, love them and love your card!
hugs
glenda

nwilliams6 said...

They look so real - wonderful coloring! Super card again -you are sooo talented!

nwilliams6 said...

They look so real - wonderful coloring! Super card again -you are sooo talented!

Anonymous said...

Nice card! love it. Thanks for playing with us at Stamp n Doodle this week.
Hugs, Jill

Julia said...

This is really Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Lady Anne's Paper Craft.
Hugs,
Julia

Donna said...

Great coloring of the image, and I love the corner punched sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
hugs
Donna xx

sassyb07 said...

love those boots! great card all around. Thanks for joining us at LAPC for our Wed Anything Goes challenge.
hugs, Valerie

Wendy said...

Fabulous...Thanks for joining us at Divas this week.
Wendy xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fabulous coloring on these - they really look like a pair of weathered boots - fantastic card!!